The Registered Adult Manual states the position of Paymaster is the following:|
The Paymaster (PM) is responsible to the Unit Commander for all matters pertaining to the finances of the unit. The PM is appointed by and serves at the pleasure of the Unit Commander. The candidate must be a registered adult before the appointment and not related to the Unit Commander or any other individual that has signatory capability on Unit financial or monetary accounts.
The Young Marines Paymaster Manual states the position of Paymaster is the following:
The paymaster is responsible to the unit, battalion or regimental commander for all matters pertaining to the finances of the unit, battalion or regiment (organization). The paymaster is appointed by and serves at the pleasure of the organizations commander. The candidate must be a registered adult prior to the appointment.
The general duties are:
- Open and maintain unit bank account(s) and all financial records.
- Record, endorse and deposit all payments in a timely manner
- Ensure unit checks have required dual signatures
- Ensure that only those designated and authorized sign unit checks
- Witness all expenditures approved by the unit commander.
- Do not spend more than what is in the account
- Review monthly bank statements and ensure all accounts are reconciled.
- Provide monthly report, bank statement and all supporting backup to unit commander for review and approval; evidenced by their signature.
- Submit signed monthly financial reports with supporting documents to National Headquarters accountant.
- Make monthly financial reports and supporting detail available for inspection to adult staff and any contributors to the unit program.
- Ensure all bills are paid in full and done in a prompt manner.
- Ensure the bank signature card has a signature from National Headquarters and a copy of the signature card is on file at National Headquarters